In case you missed it, this past week was ripe with scandal, of every kind. From more Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election coming to light, to a horrific shooting at a congressional baseball practice, and so much in between, this past week hasn't been easy. On top of all the political drama, there's also been even more drama in paradise. Well, concerning the Bachelor in Paradise scandal, that is. After production on the reality show was shut down last weekend, more sources have come forward to tell their versions of the story. And now, word is that DeMario Jackson's lawyer isn't worried about a criminal investigation, although no formal charges against the contestant have been made yet.
Jackson, along with Corinne Olympios, has been at the center of all the Bachelor in Paradise talk since news broke that a producer feared some kind of misconduct had occurred between the two in the hot tub while drinking on set. And while much speculation has been made as to what actually happened between the two, nothing has been confirmed. Although, "a show producer had filed an internal complaint questioning whether Olympios was able to give consent for a sexual encounter with Jackson," according to E! News, which also notes that the "producer did not witness the alleged incident."
A few days after the news of the alleged incident first broke, Olympios came forward with her own statement, saying "I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place." Reportedly, Olympios has hired an attorney and is alleging that she was too drunk to give consent while she was with Jackson in the hot tub.
However, Jackson has also hired an attorney, Walter Mosley, who spoke to Variety about the many allegations being made. “This has caused a lot of trauma — both physical and emotional injury,” he said “It’s been difficult for DeMario and his family. He’s a celebrity for all the wrong reasons.”
Mosley continued, "I have requested the tapes and I’m hoping to see the tapes next week." For him, it seems that the alleged incident was likely filmed, and everyone involved will soon have the evidence they need to confirm what actually happened. "The tapes are the real facts needed to vindicate DeMario’s name," according to Mosley. Because of this, he isn't exactly worried.
"There’s no criminal investigation and we don’t fear any criminal investigation," he said, adding, "DeMario is not the big fish in this situation."