June is LGBT Pride Month in the United States. Throughout the month, members of the LGBTQ community, their family members, friends, and allies will celebrate with events, parades, panels, remembrances, displays of solidarity, opportunities for advocacy, and so much more. It's a month to celebrate love, LGBTQ individuals all around the world, the ability (if you're lucky to have it) to live as your truest self, and the hard work put in to end discrimination, hatred, and violence against this community. In the mood to celebrate? There are some Pride quotes that will help you do so.
Words are incredibly powerful, and these quotes will remind you that even though life is complicated and the LGTBQ community still faces prejudice and hatred in many places around the world, there is still a great deal to celebrate. These Pride quotes can inspire, motivate, capture the feelings of so many, and let LBTQ individuals and their allies know that no one is alone in how they feel or what they're working towards. Whether you count yourself as a member of the community or as an ally, share these quotes with friends and family members to gear up to celebrate all month long.
1. "I take a lot of pride in being myself. I'm comfortable with who I am." - James McAvoy
2. "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." - Harvey Fierstein
3. "We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity." - George Takei
4. "Gender preference does not define you. Your spirit defines you." - P.C. Cast
5. "The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well." - Cassandra Duffy
6. "The important thing is not the object of love but the emotion itself." - Gore Vidal
7. "When any part of humanity is sidelined, the rest of us cannot sit on the sidelines." - Hillary Clinton
8. "Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away." - Lady Gaga
9. "Love is a human experience, not a political statement." - Anne Hathaway
10. "The fact is, I'm gay. Always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud." - Anderson Cooper
11. "Being transgender, like being gay, tall, short, white, black, male, or female is another part of the human condition that makes each individual unique, and something over which we have no control. We are who we are in the deepest recesses of our minds, hearts, and identities." - Linda Thompson
12. "It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's like disapproving of rain." - Francis Maude
13. "All of us who are openly gay are living and writing the history of our movement. We are no more — and no less — heroic than the suffragists and abolitionists of the 19th century; and the labor organizers, Freedom Riders, Stonewall demonstrators, and environmentalists of the 20th century. We are ordinary people, living our lives, and trying as civil-rights activist Dorothy Cotton said, to 'fix what ain't right' in our society." - Tammy Baldwin