Tacky Christmas sweaters are an integral part of Christmas. Whether you're headed to an ugly sweater party or you simply want to wear something obnoxiously festive for Christmas morning, finding the perfect look is all about balance. In other words, it's gotta be cheesy enough to make people laugh, yet not so tacky that people get a headache looking at you. I get it, and that's why I've rounded up these 15 ugly Christmas sweaters that are actually kind of cute. They're still gaudy enough to people's eyes, but not quite heinous enough to be an eyesore.
Of course, cute is a relative term. In my opinion, a Christmas sweater should never be so "cute" that you could get away with wearing it (or something comparable) outside of December. Massive animal faces, sequins, pom-poms, tassels – they all fall into this category. While your perfectly-tacky-but-not-overly-so sweater will obviously be the star of the show, I'm a huge fan of completing any Christmas ensemble with a few equally merry accessories: think bright red lips, metallic gold flats, or an oversized bow in your hair. Christmas is the ultimate time to embrace your inner child, and subtlety is not the name of the game.
Without further ado, these are some of the best tacky yet somehow adorable sweaters of this season.
1. Women's Oh Snap Gingerbread Ugly Sweater
2. Women's Christmas Light Strand Sequin Sweater Dress
This sweater dress falls under the "ugly Christmas sweater" category thanks to the in-your-face sequin Christmas lights and the fact that you'd never wear it outside of the season... yet it's cute enough that you'll feel like a total knockout wearing it.
3. Llama Print Christmas Sweater
4. Ugly Christmas Maternity Sweater
5. Snowman Knitted Sweater
6. All My Jingle Ladies Ugly Christmas Sweater
7. Feliz Navidog Ugly Christmas Sweater
8. Tinsel Christmas Cardigan
9. Sunglasses Santa Ugly Christmas Sweater
10. Ugly Christmas Gingerbread House Dress
11. Hangin' Loose Light Up Sweatshirt
12. Light Up Get Lit Ugly Christmas Sweater
13. Gangsta Wrapper Ugly Christmas Sweater
This first-time mom wants to have a home birth, but is she ready? Watch how a doula supports a military mom who's determined to have a home birth in Episode One of Romper's Doula Diaries, Season Two, below. Visit Bustle Digital Group's YouTube page for the next three episodes, launching Mondays in December.