14 Hilarious Christmas Instagram Captions That Will Get You All The Likes
If you celebrate Christmas, you know all about the cheery, wintry vibes that this holiday has to offer. But in the midst of planning recipes and shopping for gifts at the very last minute, it can also get extremely stressful. Doesn't Christmas seem to come earlier and earlier each year? Or is that part of becoming an actual adult? Thankfully, posting funny Christmas Instagram captions will offer a few seconds of comic relief, even if your mind feels like it's going faster than Santa on a sled.
Plus, there is a good chance that one (or many) of you followers will appreciate the laugh. This time of the year is extremely hectic, so there really isn't any room for boring, basic social media captions. We've all been preparing for this holiday for weeks, so you got to bring it in your 'gram.
Besides, if there isn't an Instagram post, did it even happen? Sharing a photo lets you show off what you and your family are up to this season through cozy holiday outfits and handmade Christmas decorations. And while they are considered funny, these captions also pair well with simple cute pictures of your little ones, even if they are just sitting around watching kids' Christmas movies because we all know that dull moments don't really exist if you have kids.
Take a look at these humorous sayings and see what speaks to you. Obviously, feel free to tweak the caption to fit your own personal Christmas and pair it with a memorable shot to capture the festivities. When looking back on this year's memories, you will be glad that you did.
1. "Laying under the Christmas tree until my kids realize that I'm the greatest gift of all."
This one is prime Instagram material for a Christmas tree selfie. Better yet, wear a bow on your head, lay under the tree, and snap a photo. Go on, I dare you.
2. "When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear."
Hey, at least it's more useful than coal. This one is a must if you do actually give or receive underwear for Christmas. How hilarious would that be?
3. "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle."
You can file this under, "The cat got into the Christmas decorations." Then again, "kids" can easily replace the cat part.
4. "Sweet but twisted. Does that make me a candy cane?"
So cheesy, but so good. Extra points if you snap a photo of yourself dressed red and white, or are wearing striped pajamas on Christmas morning. Bonus points for a winking selfie.
5. "Pro Tip: Wrap empty boxes and when your child misbehaves, throw them in the fire."
Effective parenting at it's finest. You can't deny that fellow parents will get a hearty chuckle out of this one.
6. "Just call me Santa Claustrophobic."
For the lover of all things punny, this captions works well for a photo of an overcrowded (but cheerful) home, or of you and your fam waiting in that painful line at the mall to visit Santa.
7. "Christmas calories don't count!"
There is nothing quite like having dessert at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, preferably in some form of chocolate or peppermint. Honestly, Thanksgiving ain't got nothin' on Christmas.
8. “Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money."
Well, that's one way to put it. Just don't tell your bank account.
9. "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, but if it runs out I'll drink the red."
Because wine is the key to making every holiday — and day — more bearable. If you're known for loving wine, this caption is definitely for you.
10. "What happens under the Mistletoe, stays under the Mistletoe."
Most people use this saying when referring to scandalous cities like Las Vegas, but the area under the mistletoe can be just as eventful.
11. "Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard." — Andy Borowitz
OMG so true. Expecting mothers will totally appreciate this one.
12. "Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year." — Victor Borge
Fellow introverts would agree that we could all take a tip from Santa Claus himself.
13. “Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases." — Bridger Winegar
This is crucial life advice, you guys. What kind of monster gives a present without a gift receipt these days?
14. "I haven’t taken my Christmas lights down. They look so nice on the pumpkin." — Winston Spear
Is this you? I guess we're kind of secretly jealous you don't have to put them all back up again because they never came down.
Check out Romper's new video series, Romper's Doula Diaries:
Watch full episodes of Romper's Doula Diaries on Facebook Watch.