It's December and Christmas is practically here, even if the weather might say otherwise. We are officially in the middle of the holiday season, and what's not to love about Christmas? Actually, though it is the most jolliest time of year, it is also the time where everyone becomes bi-polar. We are all happy and thankful, yet stressed out and cranky. There are just so many different emotions that come along with the holiday season so why not express them with the funniest Christmas Facebook captions? Something all your friends and family will LOL at when they see it.
A perfect caption would be something everyone can relate to. Even your grandma. Maybe your style is to go with a funny, spiritual quote. Or something about overeating — we all do that Christmas Day. And don't forget about Christmas shopping. Everyone has experienced the holiday-shopping struggle — it's real. It's like if I choose the wrong line at H&M one more time I'm going to scream. But I'm also totally excited about all these excellent Christmas gifts I found! Sigh, December is a never-ending battle of mood swings.
To make the season brighter and to poke fun at holiday stress, post a fun caption about Christmas. It is just another silly way to bring people together during the most beautiful yet craziest time of year.
1. "A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together." — Garrison Keillor
Nothing brings people closer together than a long line at Marshall's.
2. "Someone date me so I don't have to spend Christmas with my family."
I wrote this joke three years ago, and every year I post it on my Facebook. I think many people can agree that by the end of the holidays, we have reached our family quota.
3. "You know what I got for Christmas? Fat. I got fat."
Christmas is the time of year where every indulgence is worth it, and don't worry, you look ah-may-zing as always.
4. "All I Want for Christmas is you. And everything on my Christmas list."
Oh, we saw your Amazon Prime wish list. We know "I just want you for Christmas" is nothing but a big white lie.
5. "Nothing's as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas." — Kin Hubbard
Remember getting clothes for Christmas? It was the worst! Now kids get gift cards. It is like why give children gift cards? They don't need them, they don't even know how to use them. Just give them to us, the adults.We need that Amazon gift card!
6. "I think I'm Bi-Polar."
Get it? Nothing is better than a good pun and everyone can relate to this sentiment this time of year.
7. "'Tis the season! Let the over-eating begin."
Bring it on! Might want to trade in those jeans for some leggings this year. Make yourself comfy while filling your belly up on all the best foods and don't forget to save room for dessert.
8. "The jolliest bunch of elves this side of the nuthouse." — Clark Griswold
It was the happiest of times, it was the craziest of times. Caption this with a photo that shows the Christmas chaos.
9. "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." — Joan Rivers
Thank you, Joan Rivers, for always pushing the boundaries. But she's totally right.
10. "Nothing says 'holidays' like a cheese log." — Ellen DeGeneres
This quote alone will get anyone excited for Christmas. Don't forget about those Christmas cookies and hot apple cider, too. Oh, and eggnog — #sorrynotsorry for being a fan.
11. "Aren't we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa." — Bart Simpson
Close enough, Bart.
12. "Christmas is a magical time of year... I just watch all my money magically disappear."
It is like our heart says, "buy everyone gifts," but our bank account says "maybe make everyone cinnamon candles this year."
13. "Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard." — Andy Borowitz
If that's the case, then this is one baby shower that we are all glad we got invited to. Everyone gets a gift and thank goodness there are no weird games.
14. "I love Christmas. I receive a lot of wonderful presents I can't wait to exchange." — Henny Youngman
When your family just doesn't get you. This is why making a Christmas list is very important.
15. "If you can't wrap Christmas presents well, at least make it look like they put up a good fight."
Art is in the eye of the beholder. And who's to say that terribly wrapped gifts aren't a masterpiece. It's what's inside that counts, right?
Check out Romper's new video series, Romper's Doula Diaries:
Watch full episodes of Romper's Doula Diaries on Facebook Watch.