15 Sentimental Mother's Day 2018 Cards For Moms Who Love To Feel All The Feels
Motherhood and sentimentality go together like peanut butter and jelly. No matter how cool your mom is, all a mother really wants to hear on her special holiday is that you love her, appreciate all she's done for you, and want to be just like her. So save irony and humor for her birthday. These sentimental Mother's Day cards are sure to prompt smiles, hugs, and perhaps even a few happy tears from the most special woman in your life.
If you're someone who likes to use "Hallmark" as a negative adjective (as in "Hallmark holiday" or "Hallmark sentiment"), fear not. These days our options for heartfelt Mother's Day cards range far beyond the card aisle of your local drugstore. Etsy and other online shops make it fun and easy to find a card for your mom that is stylish as well as tender and nostalgic.
Personally, I'd love to receive the first card on this list from my husband and kids. And I'm having trouble choosing the one I'd get for my own mom because there are so many great options. As we live through a period of increasingly negative discourse in our politics and personal lives, let's reserve May 13th to focus on all things hearts and flowers.
1. For The Mom Who Always Corrected Your Grammar
2. For The Single Mom
3. For The Mom Whose Advice You'll Never Stop Needing
4. For The Mom Who Is Also Your Idol
5. For The Mom Who Is Truly One In A Million
6. For The Mom Who Is Also Your Best Friend
7. For The Mom Who Stayed Home To Raise You
8. For The Multi-Tasking Mom
9. For The Mother Who Can't Believe How Fast It Went
Is your mom the type that likes to stop younger mothers in the store to say, "enjoy them while they're small because it all goes so fast"? If so, she'll love this heartfelt reminder that while you no longer need to hold hands to cross the street, you still (and always will) need your mom.
10. For The Minimalist Mom
11. For The Mom Who Loves To Garden
12. For The Mom Who Makes Your Favorite Dish Every Time You Visit
13. The Sentimental Card That Only Needs To Be Signed
14. For The Mom Who Misses Your Artwork
15. For The Mom Who Likes To Cry Happy Tears
What else is there to say about this one except "Aw." It'll make your mom cry tears of joy that she has such a loving child like you.
Check out Romper's new video series, Bearing The Motherload, where disagreeing parents from different sides of an issue sit down with a mediator and talk about how to support (and not judge) each other’s parenting perspectives. New episodes air Mondays on Facebook.