17 Friendship Quotes To Share With Your Bestie On National Best Friend Day
Courtesy of Kerri Adler
Much like The Beatles, I get by with a little help from my friends. OK, a lot of help. Throughout the years, my friends have helped me through heartbreak, job struggles, family fights, and the proverbial sh*t that has hit the fans. But it's not just about the hard times. They've also been there to celebrate my victories — big or small. They've more than earned their best friend title, and deserve some recognition for putting up with me. (Seriously, it's not easy.) If you have someone(s) like that in your life, why not send them some friendship quotes on National Best Friend Day that show just how much you appreciate them.
Whether you're the proud member of girl gang or have a couple of close compadres, having a friend is essential to your well being. No, literally. Studies have shown that a lack of strong friendships increases your risk of premature death by as much as 50 percent. So it looks like you have a lot to thank you friends for other than covering the bar tab last weekend.
In all seriousness though, you owe a lot to your friends. If they're anything like mine, they're with you through good times and bad. They're always up for a good time, whether that means burning up the dance floor or binging a new Netflix series. Take a minute to them how much they mean by sending them one of these friendship quotes on National Best Friend Day. Whether you want something sentimental or funny, there's an option for you.
1. "A best friend isn't a person; it's a tier." — 'The Mindy Project'
2. "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." — Elbert Hubbard
3. "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." — Linda Grayson
4. "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." — Bob Marley
5. "Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty." — Sicilian Proverb
6. "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." — Oprah Winfrey
7. "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light." — Helen Keller
8. "Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend." — 'Someone Like You'
9. "Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.'" — Cookie Monster
10. "Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." — Muhammad Ali
11. "Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." — Mark Twain
12. "No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow." — Alice Walker
13. "Friendship is the real gift. It is given with no expectation, no gratitude is necessary." — 'Boy Meet World'
14. "If you can survive 11 days in cramped quarters with a friend and come out laughing, your friendship is the real deal." — Oprah Winfrey
15. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." — Anaïs Nin
16. "A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself." — Frank Crane
17. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — 'Winnie The Pooh'