Whether or not you realize it, Instagram may very well be one of the best ways to remember life's best moments. The Christmas season, obviously, is no exception. Plus, most of us have already mastered the art of whipping out our smartphones the moment anyone around us, especially the little ones, do something hilarious or downright adorable. Top it off with an inspirational Christmas Instagram caption, and you've got yourself a digital scrapbook in the making.
Maybe it's baby's first Christmas, your ridiculously energetic toddler can't contain his excitement, or you just want to capture the sweet moment of everyone gathered around the fire watching classic Christmas movies. Whatever happens this holiday season, you can easily make memories with a 'gram or two.
And if you're like most people, you probably have friends and family who live far away. Sharing holiday memories on social media will keep them updated in the best way. These inspirational Christmas quotes are optional, of course, but they'll definitely enhance the cheerful holiday feel of your post. Each and every one of these captions encompass the deeper meaning of Christmas, beyond the crazy shopping sprees.
For even more personalized memories, consider using these captions in last-minute e-mails, texts, or digital Christmas cards. Simply choose your favorite, snap a photo, and send out a generous dose of festive cheer.
1."What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." — Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss isn't just a staple on your kiddo's bookshelf. As the unofficial king of rhyming, he has a clever way of reminding us about what's truly important.
2. "Your children need your presence more than your presents." — Jesse Jackson
As they get older, kids will appreciate your presence above all else. You can't put a price tag on that.
3. "Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." — Margaret Thatcher
Few things are better than surrounding yourself with the people you love, friends and family alike.
4. "May the joy and peace of Christmas be with you all through the Year."
In true greeting card fashion, you can't go wrong with this classic Christmas wish. Besides, what else is better the holiday joy?
5. "At Christmas, all roads lead home." — Marjorie Holmes
Home is where the heart is, as they say. This caption is especially appropriate if you're traveling for Christmas, or relatives have traveled to you.
6. "Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling." — Edna Ferber
Nothing beats the feeling of brisk cold air, soft flannel pajamas, and the cozy warmth of a crackling fireplace. Top it off with a full belly and you're good to go.
7. "Christmas is the day that holds all time together." — Alexander Smith
As a celebration that happens at the end of the year, this saying makes perfect sense.
8. "Every gift which is given, even though is be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection." — Pindar
Keep this quote in mind if you're stressed about gift shopping. It's the thought that counts, you guys.
9. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly." ― Andy Rooney
You know Christmas was a good one when there's a mess in the living room. Pair this caption with a snapshot after the inevitable chaos of unwrapping gifts.
10. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” ― Charles Schulz
And yes, this is still applicable for your mother-in-law.
11. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” — Bob Hope
Seriously, why should Christmas be the only day that we care and love others?
12. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
The excitement of a child on Christmas morning is one heck of a contagious feeling. Don't fight it.
13. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” — Peg Bracken
Remember, expensive gifts don't necessarily make the best ones. Use this caption for a memorable photo of your loved ones in the kitchen.
14. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” — Norman Vincent Peale
If you're lucky enough to wake up to a white Christmas, this caption will fit the bill.
15. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” — Janice Maeditere
Again, another quote to remind followers about why we celebrate Christmas. But the gifts are a bonus, of course.
16. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” — Burton Hillis
After snapping a family photo on Christmas morning, top it off with this thoughtful caption.
17. "Christmas, my child, is love in action." — Dale Evas
And don't you forget it.
18. “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” — Larry Wilde
Solid observation, Larry Wilde.
19. “Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind.” — Mary Ellen Chase
Again, it's all about that comforting, familiar Christmas feeling.
20. "A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn't get into a single argument all day." — Melanie White
OK, so maybe this isn't your typical inspirational quote, but maybe it will be inspiration for the family to play nice this year. Post this caption with a rare photo of everyone magically getting along.
21. "Christmas is for everyone, adults and children alike. Allow this season fill your heart, and let go of the things you dislike." — Julie Hebert
On Christmas, there's only room for feel-good emotions. Partner this caption with the most cheerful, festive photo of the day.
Check out Romper's new video series, Romper's Doula Diaries:
Watch full episodes of Romper's Doula Diaries on Facebook Watch.