The loss of a child is never easy, but when a child dies before they have a chance to live, it can be especially devastating to the parents. Coping with a miscarriage or stillbirth can leave you with many unanswered questions. But for some, the arrival of a new baby can offer some comfort. If you or someone you love has experienced the birth of a baby after a loss, then certain rainbow baby quotes can help reinstill hope and ease any anxieties.
As noted on The Bump, a rainbow baby is a baby born shortly after the loss of another baby due to miscarriage, stillbirth, or death in infancy. The term is meant to be symbolic of the hope that the new life brings to families after they experience a tragic loss. The experience of losing a child can be devastating for parents. But that experience only helps them appreciate the beautiful gift of a new life
Although the family will never forget the precious life they lost, the birth of a rainbow baby allows them to have even more reason to continue to work through their feelings of grief. Share some of these quotes with parents who are dealing with loss to let them know that their storm won't last forever.
1. "When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place." - C.S. Lewis
You may never understand why you had to experience such a devastating loss. But both the child you lost and your rainbow baby will help you appreciate exactly how precious life is.
2. "The pain you have been feeling can't compare to the joy that is coming." - Romans 8:18
The child you lost will always have a special place in your heart. However, the rest of your heart will be filled with love for your new baby.
3. "All the stars in the universe danced on the day you were born." - Unknown
You will have every reason to celebrate your new little miracle. Especially after dealing with a tragic loss.
4. "Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud." - Maya Angelou
Your rainbow baby will be the blessing that your family can use to heal.
5. "Out of difficulties we grow miracles." - Jean de la Bruyere
Your courage has allowed you to persevere during this difficult time, and your rainbow baby is a gift.
6. "The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow." - Unknown
A rainbow baby is a special gift. As you work through your feelings of grief, don't forget to appreciate the opportunity to have another chance at being a parent.
7. "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." - Aristotle
You will likely have anxiety as you wait for the arrival of your rainbow baby. But when you hold him in your arms for the first time, you will know that it was all worth it.
8. “Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, as without light, nothing flowers.” - May Sarton
Tragedy is never easy to accept. But some of the biggest blessings come as a result of a difficult situation.
9. "The largest of blessings are those that are small." - Unknown
Unfortunately, it sometimes takes a loss to appreciate life.