Reactions To Harry Styles Going Solo Prove That One Direction Fans Are Stressed Out
Let's face it, One Direction's Harry Styles' future solo career isn't the biggest news to come out of the U.K. this week, but for some dedicated One Direction fans, it's heartbreaking nonetheless. The reactions to Styles going solo prove that One Direction fans are having a really tough time processing the news.
Styles signed a solo recording contract with Columbia Records, you know, the same label behind One Direction, E! News reported. This isn't the first time Styles has done solo work outside of One Direction, but perhaps recent news of his solo recording contract has made it all too real for loyal One Directioners.
Last year, during One Direction's temporary hiatus after former member Zayn Malik announced he was leaving the band, (seriously, how much more can fans take?), Styles released four solo songs. His songs, "5378 Miles," "Already Home," "Coco," and "Endlessly," sparked a good deal of fan theories guessing what the 22-year-old's next move would be. Well here it is, he's off to a solo career. And as it stands now, the future of One Direction seems unclear. Though many have taken to Twitter using hashtag #1DStayWithUs, to encourage the group to stay together – one way or another.
"Y'all don't worry, One Direction are coming back, they promised and I know they wouldn't break their promise to us," one Twitter user wrote.
Y'all don't worry, One Direction are coming back, they promised and I know they wouldn't break their promise to us #1DStayWithUs— we love you, Grimmie (@harrymustash) June 24, 2016
Harry styles is the nice person when I'm down I just read one of his tweets and it really makes my daypic.twitter.com/fydpErXp9N— One Direction (@OneDrecti0nFans) June 24, 2016
HARRY STYLES IS GOING SOLO I REPEAT HARRY STYLES IS GOING SOLO — HE TOUCHED MY HAND (@whoabiebz) June 24, 2016
Back in March, Simon Cowell, the band's co-creator, told Billboard that he wasn't sure if the band's hiatus meant a breakup.
"I don't know if it's a hiatus or a breakup, to be honest," Cowell said. "In a weird way, I don't want to know. I don't think they've had enough time to experience what it's like not being in the group to really answer that." He continued:
As for Styles, the new solo artist appears to have a lot on his plate. The 22-year-old is currently filming for his role in Christopher Nolan's World War II action-thriller Dunkirk, set to hit theaters July 2017, according to Variety.
And for the dedicated One Direction fans, stay strong. The Twitterverse is booming with One Directioner support. Remember, you're not alone.