For the most part, articles on zodiac signs tend to focus on the good, like what to look forward to this week, or what your best qualities are based on your sign. Whether you believe in horoscopes and astrology or not, it's hard to deny how accurate they are at predicting your personality. Sometimes it’s scary how spot-on horoscopes can be... and, although it’s always nice to be reminded how awesome you are, you shouldn’t dismiss what your five worst personality traits are, according to your zodiac sign.
Just as every personality has a good side, there’s also the flip side. It’s hard for most people to talk about their flaws and weaknesses, but it's not something to be ignored — taking an honest look at traits that might be getting in the way of your own happiness is the first step in making changes, if you want to. Plus, the "bad" side of your personality isn’t necessarily all negative: your "worst" traits tend to be an extension of your best qualities. It only makes sense that a natural-born leader is also, how do you say... domineering. All aspects of your personality are just a part of the whole, but understanding all of these aspects will only help you in the long run.
1. Aries certainly lives up to its element: Fire. According to the AstroTwins, because you’re a natural-born leader, you have the tendency to be bossy and ...
3. You’re one of the more brave and hard-working people, but that can also make you short-tempered...
4. And don't forget, impatient. This temper, according to The Talko, comes from the desire to always be successful, like, right now at this very moment. So Aries, practice patience and your drive will take you far.
5. You can also be perceived as arrogant, as noted by Aries Personality Traits. You can't help it if you have all the best ideas, right?
1. Like your symbol the bull, Tauruses can be quite stubborn.
2. You’re also not afraid of steamrolling people to get ahead in life, according to Your Tango.
3. Sure, your patience and reliability makes you a great friend, but those qualities can also makes you easily jealous and ...
5. Your desire for things can make you materialistic and money-hungry, so add the word "compromise" to your vocabulary once in awhile.
1. As the sign of twins, CafeAstrology points out that Geminis possess two extreme personalities traits: You’re curious and adventurous, which also makes you restless and ...
3. Your duality might make you likable to many, but some can perceive this as being two-faced, according to Sun Gazing.
4. Because you’re restless, you struggle with knowing what you want.
5. You also lose interest in things quickly — a major sign of immaturity.
1. For Cancers, it might feel like the world is after you, but that’s rarely (if ever) the case. Others might hesitate to tell you how they truly feel because of your overly sensitive nature, according to Higher Perspectives.
2. To describe Cancers as moody is an understatement.
3. According to Sun Gazing, Cancer is ruled by emotion, so you have a tendency to lash out.
4. You're romantic and loving, according to Compatible Astrology, but you expect the same from your partner and can tend to harbor grudges and keep score.
5. Since you let your emotions control you, you frequently resort to anger. Cancers: Friendly reminder that not everyone is out to attack you.
1. Self-confidence is great! But it can come off as self-centered,
2. Cocky, and
3. Vain — all perceived as negative aspects of Leos.
4. You live for praise, according to Your Tango, and will turn most conversations to being all about your favorite subject... you!
5. Although you’re usually cheery and upbeat, you can be unhappy and passive-aggressive as soon as you’re not the center of attention.
1. There’s nothing wrong with being self-critical once in awhile, but controlling every single detail of your life is no fun.
2. According to The Talko, your practical nature can make you overcritical and...
3. Hard to please.
4. As a hardcore perfectionist, you expect everyone around you to live up to high standards, so you can be harsh when things don’t go your way.
5. Others can perceive this as a coldness. Take a breather once in awhile, and remember that you, and everyone around you, is only human.
1. Libras might seem like good-hearted individuals, but your constant need to be charming may stem from a desire to be liked and accepted. According to The Astro Twins, "negative expressions of Libra energy" can be vain,
3. Spoiled, and
5. You’re also fair-minded and consider different angles before making a decision, but that also means you can be very indecisive. This can make you vulnerable to others manipulating or taking advantage of you when making a decision.
1. Like most zodiac signs, a Scorpio’s positive quality of being passionate about the things you love can also have negative consequences. When you love something, you really love it to the point of obsession.
2. This makes you demanding and controlling over people and things, according to Higher Perspective. They add:
3. You're also easily jealous and possessive over your loved ones.
4. You’re really, really not into big changes, making you pretty inflexible at time.
5. Finally, forgiving people just isn’t your natural thing.
1. You’re typically perceived as being adventurous and free-spirited, and although those things might be true, you’re also often just trying to avoid the reality of everyday activities, according to Elite Daily.
2. Because you’re easily bored of things, you tend to be...
3. Inconsistent and...
4. Impatient, jumping from one project to the next without any hesitation to quit.
5. As The Astro Twins write, it's important to know your limits, Sag, so you don't bite off more than you can chew — another source of your struggle.
1. A Capricorn’s favorite pastime seems to be over-worrying about everything. Everything.
2. Although you’re disciplined about your goals, you tend to spend too much time working.
3. You can be too rigid oftentimes, according to Sun Gazing.
4. You have a tendency to stress about things months in advance, and go so far as to play scenarios in your head, anxious about how real life will play out.
5. Capricorns are also known for their bigotry, according to Astrology Weekly —make sure you aren't being close-minded out of anxiety about your own life or future.
1. Sure, Aquarians are independent and fun to be around, but resolving issues with you can be tough. On one hand, you give the silent treatment when you’re mad.
2. And, you have trouble opening up when asked what others did wrong, according to Your Tango.
3. In other words, you're perceived as being detached, but the truth is that you're just super sensitive. According to Astrology Weekly, this sensitive nature means you have a very difficult time being open to criticism.
4. Similarly, your sensitive nature makes you fearful of rejection, which means you have a hard time putting yourself out there.
5. Finally, because you’d rather not talk things out, you can also be petty at times.
1. The real world is scary, but people deal with it nevertheless — except for Pisces. Your imaginative nature makes it easy to escape reality when you don’t feel like dealing with it, according to The Talko. But, avoiding life makes it hard to accomplish what you want to do.
2. You can come across as a bit of an airhead since you prefer to daydream.
3. This can also make you timid, tending to shy away from the things you really want.
4. According to Elite Daily, because this sign feels things so deeply and tends to really give a lot to their relationships, Pisces are about as clingy as it gets.
5. Pisces also tend to be gullible, according to Astro Style, probably because you're so deep, and you expect everyone else to be, too.