Here's How To Watch All 10 Of The Friends Thanksgiving Episodes
They'll be there for you this Turkey Day
Is Thanksgiving really Thanksgiving without a Friends marathon? No, no it is not. This year, of course, watching every Friends Thanksgiving episode will be especially sentimental in the aftermath of Matthew Perry’s sudden passing at the age of 54. For decades, Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, and Joey have been a major part of the holiday for countless families and Thanksgiving simply would not be complete without everyone’s favorite comfort show.
The Friends Thanksgiving episodes are iconic. Who doesn’t remember when Monica put a raw sunglass-wearing-turkey on her head in an effort to cheer up Chandler? Or when Chandler locked himself in a box to prove his friendship to Joey? Whether you’re looking for something to watch while you prepare your famous Thanksgiving sides or just need something to fall asleep to during your post-feast nap, watching all 10 episodes (or even just a few) is simple.
There are 10 Friends Thanksgiving episodes.
Every season of Friends has a Thanksgiving episode, which means there are 10 episodes in total. Below are the Thanksgiving episodes, in order of air date:
- Season 1, Episode 9 — “The One Where Underdog Gets Away” — Leave it to the first Thanksgiving episode for everything to go terribly wrong. In this episode, the gang of friends get locked out on the roof after watching a balloon run away from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, Joey wins his first modeling gig — but it’s not for what he expects, and Ross enters in a competition with his ex-wife.
- Season 2, Episode 8 — “The One with The List” — Torn between dating Rachel and his current girlfriend, Julie, Ross makes a list with Rachel’s negative qualities on it in order to compare the two women. Unfortunately, Rachel sees the list. Who ordered a side of beef this Thanksgiving?
- Season 3, Episode 9 — “The One with the Football” — Football and Thanksgiving go hand-in-hand. But when the friends split into two teams and play a game of football, things go awry. Ross and Monica’s sibling rivalry always has to ruin the party.
- Season 4, Episode 8 — “The One with Chandler In A Box” — This funny gem focuses on the dynamics of the friend group. In this episode, Chandler is, indeed, in a box in order to win Joey’s forgiveness, Monica accidentally gets ice in her eye, and Rachel’s habit for not keeping presents comes back to haunt her.
- Season 5, Episode 8 — “The One with the Thanksgiving Flashbacks” — Relive the friend group’s worst Thanksgivings ever as they reminisce after digesting another one of Monica’s amazing Thanksgiving meals.
- Season 6, Episode 9 — “The One Where Ross Got High” — Ross has to share why his parents don’t like Chandler, meanwhile Rachel makes dessert for her friends, but it doesn’t go according to plan.
- Season 7, Episode 8 — “The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs” — Phoebe reveals that she has been secretly keeping a dog in the apartment she shares with Chandler and Monica while her friend is away. But as the title reveals, not everyone in the friend group is happy with this.
- Season 8, Episode 9 — “The One with the Rumor” — Brad Pitt guest stars in this episode, where it’s revealed that his character, who is a special guest at Thanksgiving, isn’t a fan of Rachel. At the same time, Chandler and Phoebe try their hardest to get out of helping Monica in the kitchen.
- Season 9, Episode 8 — “The One with Rachel’s Other Sister” — Meet Rachel’s younger sister, who ruins everyone’s holiday with her uncensored thoughts. At the same time, Joey gets into trouble when he forgets to join his cast mates at the big Thanksgiving parade.
- Season 10, Episode 8 — “The One with the Late Thanksgiving” — In the final Thanksgiving episode, Monica reluctantly agrees to cook her friends Thanksgiving dinner, but locks everyone out when they show up late. She also receives some shocking adoption news that will surely bring a smile to your face.
You can stream every Friends Thanksgiving episode on Max.
Friends left Netflix at the beginning of 2020 and the show now lives on Max (formerly HBO Max). All 10 seasons of Friends are currently streaming on Max. You will, of course, need an HBO Max subscription to watch. And ad-free subscription will cost you $15.99/month or $149.99/year.
The Friends Thanksgiving episodes also air on TV.
If you don’t have Max, you might be out of luck. While select Friends episodes aired on Nickelodeon’s Nick at Nite nighttime programming block last Thanksgiving, the network has not yet announced its Thanksgiving Day schedule. Additionally, TBS does air episodes of Friends at random times throughout the day, so it’s very likely that the Thanksgiving episodes will also be airing on TBS on Thanksgiving.
This article was originally published on