Father's Day is here, and nowadays it seems like if you don't post something on social media that's heartfelt for your parents on Father's Day, it’s like it didn’t even happen? So I’ve written Father's Day Instagram captions to go along with your sweet pictures of you and your daddy. (Or your baby's daddy.)
When I was in elementary school, way before Instagram and the internet, watching Father of the Bride with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton definitely shaped my relationship with my old man. The way Steve Martin acts toward his daughter Annie was how my dad always acted (and still does act) toward me. And at the end of the movie, I remember telling both of my parents I was never getting married so I didn't make my dad sad after seeing how sad Steve Martin was that he missed saying goodbye to Annie and their father/daughter dance. I think my mom got that one on video and I was told it would be shown on my wedding day. "Well, thankfully I'm never getting married," I insisted. Obviously, that didn't happen, and I've been married for eight years and have a 3-year-old son — but don't think I forgot that I didn't want to make my dad sad. We definitely didn't miss that father/daughter dance, and I made sure I got to tell him goodbye before I hopped in the car and drove away with my new husband.
Father of the Bride also has some of the best Father's Day quotes, too, including this gem: "You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You're her oracle. You're her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you're in a constant state of panic," said Stanley Banks. Ain't that the truth? I know I'm lucky to have such a great relationship with my dad, and I'm hoping some of you do, too. Or you at least have a great relationship with the father of your children, of which most of these quotes are still applicable. A lot of these quotes are just as sentimental and sweet — if not more so — than what Stanley Banks even said. So bookmark this for whether you need some Instagram captions, or even something sweet to put in your old man's Father's Day card this year.
Funny Father’s Day Instagram Captions
- "By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong." — Charles Wadsworth
- “My daughter got me a ‘World’s Best Dad’ mug. So we know she’s sarcastic.” — Bob Odenkirk
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” — Dave Attell
- "Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do." — Benjamin Spock
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.” — Jerry Seinfeld
- “Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor Dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business.” — Jimmy Fallon
- “4-year-old: Tell me a scary story! Me: One time little people popped out of your mom, and they never stopped asking questions. 4-year-old: Why?” — James Breakwell
- “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant, I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” — Mark Twain
Father’s Day Captions For Dad’s Own Instagram
- “Every Dad is entitled to one hideous shirt and one horrible sweater. It's part of the Dad code.” — Cheaper by the Dozen
- "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." – M*A*S*H
- "I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more." – Gordon Brown
- “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work."
- "A righteous father protects his children with his time and presence." — Howard W. Hunter
This article was originally published on