National Brothers’ Day is on May 24 this year, and as the name suggests, it’s a day to celebrate all things brotherhood. If you’re looking for an excuse to post a funny vintage photo (‘80s haircuts encouraged) of you and your siblings as children, then these Instagram captions for National Brothers’ Day will help nail the post.
Whether you’re a brother yourself, a twin, a sister to some badass bros, the parent of sons, or someone with a step-brother, these captions are for you. There are also some meaningful captions to honor brothers who have passed.
Some of the captions are quotes on brotherhood from celebs, and others serve as a meaningful way to show the love and gratitude you have for your brother, even if you don’t usually get a chance to say these things. Some of the captions are funny and get right to the heart of the sibling relationship (i.e. doling out noogies and fighting about who gets to hold the remote one minute and laughing hysterically together the next).
Read on for the best Instagram captions for National Brothers’ Day, and then watch as the likes on the photo are as plentiful as the pointless arguments you’ve had with your brother over the years.
- Having a brother means some days you live with your best friend, and others days living with your worst enemy. It’s all been worth it.
- Brothers: You’ll insult them and then defend them against anyone else who tries anything.
- Happy National Brothers’ Day to the only other person who understands how truly odd our parents are.
- “We were once each other's everything and didn't need anything from anybody else, including our parents or our college girlfriends who just found us really strange.” — Mark Duplass on his relationship with brother, Jay Duplass.
- I’ve always looked up to my big brother and he’s taller than me so I still do.
- “I think I’m funny because my family, my siblings were funny.” — Martin Short
- “Sibling relationships outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.” — Erica E. Goode
- I may not always show it but our bond means everything to me.
- “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.” — Ann Hood
- You can always expect honest and wise advice from your brother.
- “Brothers aren’t simply close; brothers are knit together.” Robert Rivers
- “I had a brother who was my savior, made my childhood bearable.” — Maurice Sendak
- To my brother, who showed me the way. I love you.
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other — they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” — Leonardo DiCaprio
- “I wish I could say I see my little brother more. We used to fight all the time but now that I don’t see him very often I cherish the time I have with him.”— Zac Efron
For Your Sons
- Watching your children become friends is the greatest joy.
- The moment when your youngest child tells you to “stop yelling at my brother,” is infuriating and heartwarming.
- The first time you see your sons playing together and laughing is the moment you know they’ll always have each other’s backs.
- Have a son and a daughter is a gift to parents, but having two sons is a gift for your children.
- When you weren’t holding each other’s hands, you had each other’s back (or had each other by the back when you were practicing your WWF wrestling moves).
- "There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart." — Washington Irving
- It makes me so happy to have raised brothers who are friends.
For Brother From Sister
- “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” — Lemony Snicket
- The greatest gift my parents ever gave me was my brother.
- You mean the world to me.
- Thank you for teaching me how to build a fort and sneak out of the house.
- “They’re the funniest, most eccentric bizarre people I’ve ever met, my siblings.” — Dana Carvey
- “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” — Wes Adamson
For Twin Brothers
- A fun game we like to play is blindly guessing who is who in all of our childhood photos.
- Happy National Brothers’ Day to my extremely handsome brother.
- “Life is so much better when you have a twin to share the ride.” — Unknown
- To the person who is constantly mistaken for me, I love you bro.
- Yes, we are twins. No, we have never switched places like the Parent Trap.
- To the only person I can put in a headlock one minute, and laugh with the next. Happy Brothers’ Day!
- The only things we’ve shared without fighting are a womb and a birthday.
- I’d choose you as a friend even if our parents didn’t choose it for us first.
- “Did we just become best friends?” — Step Brother
- “We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “Okay, on the count of three name your favorite dinosaur, don't even think about it just do it. 1, 2, 3.” — Step Brother
For Brothers Who Have Passed
- “But how can I learn to live in a world that doesn’t include my brother? All my life, I’ve always been my brother’s sister; it’s part of my identity, part of who I am. My brother is part of my past; we share a common history. And we had plans for the future.” — T.J. Wray
- “Nothing can replace your sibling, but fond memories can cut through the darkness like rays of sunshine. May the warmth of those rays warm your soul.” — Unknown
- I think of your every day, your memory is a blessing.
- I’m grateful to have had such a wonderful brother who I miss every day.