Funny Grandparents Day Instagram Captions To Share Your Family's Humor
Let's be honest, grandparents deserve all of the recognition in the world. Whether you're thinking of your own grandparents or your children's grandparents, you know this is true, and you know it's why you need some Grandparents Day Instagram captions to help celebrate National Grandparents Day this Sept. 13. Your grandparents are there when you need them, they give you unconditional love, and they've always been a safe place. And, if you're lucky, the grandparents of your kids help you out and give you a break when you need it most. So obviously they deserve a special celebration, and you can start the celebration virtually by telling everyone how important they are to your family.
Some of these caption ideas could be sweet and sentimental, but most are funny and a little sarcastic and goofy — perfect for the grandparents who have a great sense of humor. I mean, what other family member can tell you some heartwarming story about a decade you never lived in, and then follow it up with a "pull my finger" joke?
No matter what vibe you're going for this Grandparents Day, all of these funny captions convey your love and appreciation for the grandparents in your life, and that's really your main goal here.
1. There's no place like home... except Grandma's.
It's true: if you can't be in the comfort of your own home, at least you can be at your grandparents' house. Just being in there tends to make everything feel a little bit better.
2. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window." — Ogden Nash
This is kind of a joke, but also very accurate. You know that when you send your kids to their grandparent's house, they're going to act way more wild than they ever do for you... and they'll be encouraged to do so.
3. Grandpas are dads without rules.
Some grandpas generally let you do whatever you want and tend to be even more lax than grandmas. If that sounds like your grandpa, then hit them with this perfect caption.
4. Grandparents: so easy to operate, even a child can do it.
In other words, grandkids totally control their grandparents because their grandparents love them so much. Yup, this definitely sounds about right.
5. What happens at Nana's, stays at Nana's.
Listen, we're not going to say that your kids are at their grandparent's house eating all of the sugary treats you don't let them eat and staying up late, but... actually, that's definitely what's happening.
6. Happy Grandparents Day to someone who probably didn't know it was Grandparents Day.
Let's be real, your grandparents probably aren't on social media, and if they are, they probably don't really understand how to use Instagram. And National Grandparents Day has basically turned into more of a social media shoutout day than anything else, so this makes sense.
7. A grandchild's mischief is a grandparent's joy.
Are your kid's grandparents secretly enjoying the mischief your kids get into as they think about everything you put them through as a kid and teen? Probably.
8. Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful, even though they're sure you're not raising them right.
This is for all of you who have parents who are constantly questioning your decisions with your kids and telling you you should be doing things differently. You love them and your kids love them, but this little dig is funny.
9. May no one believe you're old enough to be a grandparent this Grandparents Day.
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with aging and getting older, but for those grandparents who would prefer to remain young, this is the perfect caption.
10. My favorite way to celebrate Grandparents Day is with you continuing to spoil me.
Use this if your grandparents are constantly showering you with gifts, treats, and love. It's not wrong to want them to continue to do it! You're only human.
11. Grandparents are parents, but with more sleep, fewer rules, and an endless supply of cookies.
Yeah, basically everything about this statement is true. Grandparents may make rules and help you grow, but they're also able to be a lot more lax with those rules.
12. Grandparents aren't old, they've just been having fun longer.
This is a really cute way of looking at age and getting older! Your grandparents have just had time to live a more full life, and that's nothing to complain about.
13. No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.
OK, let's end this one on a lighter note! This cute quote shows just how proud grandparents are of their grandkids, exactly as they should be.