Rewatch John Legend's At-Home Concert Featuring Chrissy Teigen In A Towel Dress
As people all over the world practice social distancing amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many celebrities including John Legend performed at-home concerts to help keep us feeling positive and entertained. But if you couldn't catch it live, don't fret — you can still watch Legend perform songs requested by fans on the piano with just a robe on "as promised," featuring his wife Chrissy Teigen in a towel dress.
"Obviously we know that this COVID-19 coronavirus is affecting people all over the world," Legend said during the livestream on Tuesday. "And part of how we prevent it from spreading to people and hurting more people is we have to stay home, we have to physically distance ourselves from strangers...so we're all home for a bit."
"A lot of artists have decided to make staying home a bit easier for everybody, so we're going to try to entertain you," he added.
Legend performed for more than 45 minutes during the livestream, with Teigen sitting on the piano, dressed in a towel with a glass of wine in hand for the majority of it. And thankfully you can easily watch this amazing show on YouTube again and again.
Of course, the entire broadcast is worth watching, especially since Legend has the voice of an angel, but there are some highlights and below you can find those time stamps:
- 12:20 — As Teigen appears in the broadcast, Legend sings "Headband of the Day," the theme song he created for his wife on vacation in 2018.
- 18:40 — Legend plays the first song that he "explicitly" he wrote about Teigen, "Good Morning." As he revealed in the livestream, "It's about waking up in the morning and doing it."
- 21:50 — Legend plays the theme song from The Office with made up lyrics from Teigen after Mindy Kaling requested it on Twitter. "When Chrissy Teigen and John Legend said my name on their Insta live today I friggin squealed," she wrote in a tweet after the broadcast aired.
- 26:45 — Legend plays the theme song to Bravo's Vanderpump Rules, a reality show Teigen really, really loves.
- 28:00 — Their 3-year-old daughter Luna makes an appearance, joining her mom on top of the piano. (Miles was napping during the whole mini concert.)
- 31:10 — Luna requests "Beauty and the Beast," which Teigen also sings. Luna hits the last note perfectly.
- 37:00 — Legend tells fans how they can support others during these times. He encourages others to visit globalcitizen.org and find out how they can take action and donate to the World Health Organization's COVID-19 solidarity response fund. Legend also encouraged his fans to donate to MusiCare's COVID-19 relief fund, which helps musicians who currently cannot tour due to coronavirus.
- 44:13 — Legend plays "All Of Me" for his last song, which he wrote for Teigen. She revealed that she cried the first time she heard it, but hasn't cried since. "It became everybody's song, which is awesome. I prefer it to be everybody's song."
So, as we all continue to practice social distancing right now and start to go a little stir crazy, watching John Legend's little living room concert is a wonderful way to help pass the time.
If you think you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus, which include fever, shortness of breath, and cough, call your doctor before going to get tested. If you’re anxious about the virus’s spread in your community, visit the CDC for up-to-date information and resources, or seek out mental health support. You can find all of Romper’s parents + coronavirus coverage here, and Bustle’s constantly updated, general “what to know about coronavirus” here.