40 Sentimental & Joyous Quotes for Sunshine Baby Day
Honor the sunshine baby in your life on January 22 with these sweet quotes.
A sunshine baby is often a source of purpose and joy for those experiencing the gut-wrenching grief that comes with losing a child. Despite the utter heartbreak of pregnancy or infant loss, a small, bright spot shining through the darkness is something worth celebrating. These Sunshine Baby Day quotes perfectly capture the range of emotions that accompany the task of acknowledging loss, love, and hope simultaneously.
What is a sunshine baby?
A sunshine baby is a child born prior to the loss of a pregnancy, baby, or another child. Parenting a sunshine baby — who are often toddlers or older children, despite the term “baby” used — can bring a sense of comfort for parents who experience pregnancy or infant loss, or even the death of a child. This term sometimes confused with the common phrase rainbow baby, which refers to a baby born after a loss, so the meaning is quite different.
When is Sunshine Baby Day?
January 22 is designated as Sunshine Baby Day. It's the perfect time to recognize and share about the significance of the sunshine baby in your life. Like the sun itself, a sunshine baby can be a source of warmth and light when the cold and darkness of loss appear.
While the bulk of these quotes were not written specifically with sunshine babies in mind, they each beautifully capture the spirit of the day.
Inspirational quotes for Sunshine Baby Day
- “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” — Helen Keller
- “Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Stormy or sunny days, glorious or lonely nights, I maintain an attitude of gratitude.” — Maya Angelou
- “Even the sun directs our gaze away from itself and to the life illumined by it.” — Eberhard Arnold
- “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.” — Jimmie Davis
- “Faith is the virtue of the storm, just as happiness is the virtue of sunshine.” — Ruth Fulton Benedict
- “A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.” — William Arthur Ward
- “Think of the day alive with sunshine, not the dismal days of rain.” — Robert E. Farley
- “If you dance like raindrops, there will always be sunshine.” — Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” — Morris West
- “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” — Jack Ma
- “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” – Mario Fernandez
- “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” — Desmond Tutu
- “‘Hope’ is the thing with feathers / That perches in the soul / And sings the tune without the words / And never stops - at all” — Emily Dickinson
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” — Tom Bodett
- “I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” — Anne Frank
- “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” — Mark Twain
Sentimental Sunshine Baby Day quotes
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” — David Viscott
- “The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and heart of the child.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It's always sunny above the clouds. Always. Every day on earth — every day I have ever had — was secretly sunny, after all.” — Caitlin Moran
- There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
- “If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.” — Frank Lane
- “Even when it's raining, the sunshine is still there.” — Clare Josa
- “The only reason why I’m living is because you’re the sunshine that gives me life.” — Unknown
- “Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.” — William Shakespeare
- “Don’t let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow. Live for today.” — Nandina Morris
- “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” — Max Muller
Joyous quotes for Sunshine Baby Day
- “A smile is the same as sunshine; it banishes winter from the human countenance.” — Victor Hugo
- “I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.” — “My Girl,” The Temptations
- A smile from a child is packaged sunshine and rainbows.
- You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey.
- “Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul.” — Thomas Mann
- “Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.” Walt Whitman
- “A sunny disposition is worth more than a fortune.” — Andrew Carnegie
- “Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink.” — Lily Pulitzer
- “Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” — James M. Barrie
- “Her smiles are like the morning sun that illuminates my world.” — Debasish Mridha
- “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.” — Joseph Addison
- “Have a ray of sunshine and light with you everywhere you may go.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
In the face of grief that’s so often cold and dark, a sunshine baby can provide light and warmth. These quotes can help capture the sentimental joy and hope that springs forth from that little ray of sunshine.
This article was originally published on