St. Patrick’s Day has been celebrated on March 17 forever. Although the holiday began as a religious celebration honoring St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, it eventually evolved into what we know it as now a day of fun and wearing green that lends itself to some great photo opportunities. So whether you’re going out with friends or spending the day with your little ones trying to make things festive, you’re probably going to snap some photos. When you go to post them online, you’ll definitely need some St. Patrick’s Day captions for Instagram (or whatever social media platform you love) to bring them to the next level.
When you think about St. Patty’s Day, you probably think about a few common themes: Leprechauns, luck, four leaf clovers, rainbows, pots of gold, and shamrocks. You can use any of these things for some funny St. Patrick’s Day Instagram captions that consist entirely of puns, because who doesn’t love those? You can also use them for adorable captions that are perfect for the sweet St. Patrick’s Day photos of your kids decked out in their green and gold best. If you want to keep things more traditional, opt for captions made up of Irish blessings, proverbs, and sayings. Here are a few ideas that will make you feel extra lucky this year.
Cute St. Patrick’s Day Instagram Captions
- Irish you a happy St. Patrick's Day!
- You're the beer to my pint.
- Look who I found at the end of the rainbow.
- Cutest clover in the patch.
- Little leprechaun’s first St. Paddy’s Day.
- Feeling a wee bit Irish.
- My little good luck charm.
- Wishing you a pot o' gold and all the joy your heart can hold.
- Cutest shamrock in the clover.
- She’s a sassy, classy, little Irish lassie.
- I’m not short, I’m leprechaun size.
- Too cute to pinch!
- You’re my lucky charm.
St. Patrick’s Day Quote Instagram Captions
- "May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. And may trouble avoid you wherever you go." — Irish blessing
- “For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way: Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.” — Irish Proverb
- "For the whole world is Irish on the seventeenth o' March!" — Thomas Augustine Daly
- "If you're enough lucky to be Irish, you're lucky enough!” — Irish Saying
- "May your troubles be less. And your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door." — Irish blessing
- "St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time — a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic." — Adrienne Cook
- "Luck is believing you're lucky." — Tennessee Williams
- “Wherever you go, whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you!” — Irish Proverb
- “A good friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
- "Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels." — Nora Roberts
- “It’s not easy being green.” — Kermit the Frog
- “Stop fighting. Just on St. Patrick’s Day, OK? Just one perfect day a year. No hassles, no problems, no kids.” — Meredith Palmer, The Office
- “It is St. Patrick’s Day, and here in Scranton that is a huge deal. It is the closest that the Irish will ever get to Christmas.” — Michael Scott, The Office
- “As the Irish poet Bobby McFerrin says, ‘Don’t worry, be happy.’” — Michael Scott, The Office
Funny St. Patrick’s Day Captions
- Hanging on for beer life!
- Thank Guinness we made it to the parade this year!
- I'm not Irish, but my coffee is.
- We love to paddy.
- Irish today, hungover tomorrow.
- Who needs luck when you have plenty of charm?
- The paddy don't start till I walk in.
- Did someone say shenanigans?
- It's me. I'm the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Warning: May cause shenanigans and malarky.
- Don't worry, beer happy.
- Forget luck, give me beer!
- Let’s get lucked up!
- Like this pic for good luck.
- Let’s (sham)rock!
- Ginger hair, don’t care.
This article was originally published on