39 Thanksgiving Instagram Captions To Share Your Food & Feels
Whether your gathering is going to be picture perfect or a cluster pluck.
If you like to eat, chances are Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday. Your great aunt who makes the best mac and cheese is in town, you know your dad has been marinating the turkey for days, and you’re in charge of dessert this year. All that food and family togetherness is bound to have you in your feelings. Whether they make you feel warm and fuzzy or absolutely topsy-turvy, well, that’s another story.
In any case, you’ll need the perfect Thanksgiving Instagram captions to sum up how you’re feeling — whether that’s happy to see loved ones, excited to fill your dinner plate, thankful for all your blessings, or just trying to avoid an argument, only you can say. But here are the perfect ways to say it.
Thanksgiving Instagram captions if you’re practicing gratitude today
The whole point of Thanksgiving is to reflect on all you have to be thankful for (and yes, to eat a delicious meal while you’re at it). Here are some beautiful sayings that would make great Instagram captions, whether you’re posting a picture of your plate, your people, or your pet.
- “Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” — Charles Dickens
- “What if today, we were just grateful for everything?” — Charlie Brown
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” — Melody Beattie
- Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.
- “Gratitude helps us to see what’s there instead of what isn’t.” — Annette Bridges
- “We can't wait until everything is OK with us or with the rest of the world to feel thankful, or we will never experience joy at all.” — M.J. Ryan
- “I feel a very unusual sensation — if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude.” — Benjamin Disraeli
Thanksgiving Instagram captions if eating is serious business for you
So about that delicious meal — that’s the part we all look forward to, right? I can’t be the only one dreaming about scoops of mashed potatoes and gravy, oven-baked macaroni and cheese, and fluffy buttered rolls. If you’re getting fired up to feast, these phrases are for you.
- Leftovers are for quitters.
- No sides left behind.
- Let’s give ‘em pumpkin to talk about.
- I eat, therefore I yam.
- Can't nobody tell me stuffin’.
- It’s about to look like fifty shades of gravy in here.
- Feast mode.
- Let’s get basted.
- “A great meal is an experience that nourishes more than your body.” — Ruth Reichl
- “These sweatpants are all that fits me right now.” — Regina George
Thanksgiving Instagram captions if you love a dad joke
Those of you who love all things punny, cheesy jokes, and the like will love these caption options. I mean, if you’re going to be cheesy, might as well do it on the biggest food-related holiday of the year, right?
- Sorry, I’m occu-pied.
- No gobbling at the table; Grandma hates fowl language.
- If you think you can’t make room for a slice of pie, yes, you pecan.
- We offered the turkey some dinner, but he was already stuffed.
- Why didn’t the cook season the Thanksgiving turkey? She was out of thyme.
- What did the pilgrim wear to dinner? A (har)vest.
- Why do turkeys gobble? Because they never learned any table manners.
- Stop, drop, and pass the rolls.
- What’s it called when a turkey dies under mysterious circumstances? Fowl play.
- I’m casse-rollin’ with my homies.
- I’m all about that baste.
Thanksgiving Instagram captions that focus on family
For many, Thanksgiving 2021 is the first holiday where it feels safe to all gather around the table together. Whether the time away from the fam was your worst nightmare or, well, kind of a dream come true, there’s a Thanksgiving photo caption here that’ll do justice to how you really feel.
- May your glasses stay full and your family avoid all talk of elections.
- We put the ‘fun’ in dysfunctional.
- We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all.
- If you think my belly is full, you should see my heart.
- What a cluster pluck.
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Thanksgiving. It’s like we didn’t even try to come up with a tradition. The tradition is, we overeat. ‘Hey, how about at Thanksgiving we just eat a lot?’ ‘But we do that every day!’ ‘Oh. What if we eat a lot with people that annoy the hell out of us?’” — Jim Gaffigan
- “Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it, while there's time.” — Dale Dauten
- “Home is wherever I'm with you.” — Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” ― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters
So, when you see a moment worth capturing at this year’s meal, make sure you snap a photo to remember it by. You can always come back later and find the right words for your Thanksgiving Insta caption.
This article was originally published on