Love songs are a magical means of communication that fills in the spaces where you can’t quite gather words to express yourself. When emotions are overflowing and the sweet lyrics hit — like when Ed Sheeran’s Perfect floats into your ears — it not only sets the mood but connects you to your partner without the need to say anything. That’s why using love song quotes for Instagram captions just makes sense. It’s an awesome blend of sharing the beautiful images of your loving relationship moments and your love for music.
And no matter what your favorite genre is, it’s OK to reach outside of your box and grab some quotes from artists who may not be on your regular playlist. The language of love is universal, right? If the lyrics get you in your feels, then go with it.
When you’re posting an emotionally intimate moment with your person, adding a sweet love song quote to your Instagram post can describe your unique love story, gratitude that you’ve both stuck through the tough times, or just how much they mean to you. Also, it doesn’t always have to be a colossal moment. You may just love the way they watch you walk by.
So post away. And you don’t have to be self-conscious or feel like you’re trying too hard when you’re quoting these artists. They’re pretty darn good at what they do and they’ve done the work for you.
R&B love song quotes for Instagram
R&B stands for rhythm and blues and this entire genre is composed of songs that hit some aspect of love. So it’s befitting that we start here, with some new and old classic love songs.
- “I was sent here for you. We were made to love.” — John Legend, “Made To Love”
- “Where you go I follow, no matter how far. If life is a movie, oh you’re the best part.” — Daniel Caesar, “Best Part”
- “Every time I close my eyes, I thank the Lord that I’ve got you. And you’ve got me too.” — Babyface, “Every time I Close My Eyes”
- “My every wish and every dream somehow became reality, when you brought the sunlight, completed my whole life.” — Mariah Carey, “Thank God I Found You”
- “I know some people search the world to find something like what we have.” — Alicia Keys, “No One”
- “Nothing can stop love from loving on us. And I’m not asking for much, just a couple of forevers.” — Chrisette Michele, “Couple of Forevers”
- “At last, the skies above are blue. My heart was wrapped up in clover, the night I looked at you.” — Etta James, “At Last”
- “You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star. My kind of wonderful, that's what you are.” — Barry White, “You’re The First, The Last, My Everything”
Pop love song quotes for Instagram
Many artists fit into the pop genre, and others flow in and out of it depending on the song style. Pop songs are especially rich with stories about new and young love, but you’re sure to find a heart-stopping quote among these songs.
- “And now it’s big as this promise that we’re making, two reflections into one.” — Justin Timberlake, “Mirrors”
- “The way that you know what I thought I knew. It’s the beat my heart skips when I’m with you.” — Beyoncé, “Crazy in Love”
- “Every inch of your skin is a Holy Grail I’ve got to find. Only you can set my heart on fire.” — Ellie Goulding, “Love Me Like You Do”
- “Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your hand on my beating heart.” — Ed Sheeran, “Thinking Out Loud”
- “I saw the fire when I look into your eyes. You tell me things you wanna try. I know temptation is the devil in disguise. You risk it all to feel alive.” — The Weekend, “Take My Breath”
- “I’m a sucker for you.” — Jonas Brothers, “Sucker”
- “You got my heart. Don’t know how you did it.” — Ariana Grande, “The Way”
- “There is no fear now. Let go and just be free. I will love you unconditionally.” — Katy Perry, “Unconditionally”
- “Hold me, love me. Ain’t got nothin’ but love babe, Eight days a week.” — The Beatles, “Eight Days a Week”
Country love song quotes for Instagram
We can all agree that the honesty and the authentic storytelling of country music pull listeners in. This genre may not be your main vibe, but you can’t deny the bleeding heart that rings through in the music.
- “It’s your love. It just does something to me. It sends a shock right through me. I can’t get enough.” — Tim McGraw, “It’s Your Love”
- “There’s no one that comes close to you, could ever take your place, ’cause only you can love me this way.” — Keith Urban, “Only You Can Love Me This Way”
- “I don’t need you to sell me on reasons to want you. I don’t need you to search for the proof that I should. You don’t have to convince me. You don't have to be scared you’re not enough, ‘cause what we’ve got going is good.” — Carrie Underwood, “Only Us”
- “I swear this is perfect. Come Kiss me one more time.” — Kane Brown, “Heaven”
- “I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow.” — Rascal Flatts, “My Wish”
- “I’d walk through fire for you, walk through barbed wire for you. I’d walk for miles, it’s true, just to be with you.” — The Band Perry, “Walk Me Down The Middle”
- “Here you come again, lookin’ better than a body has a right to.” — Dolly Parton, “Here You Come Again”
To make this extra fun, when you’re posting your love song quote on Instagram, have your significant other reply on the same image with another love song quote. It’ll give you another reason to gush over them.