St. Patrick’s Day is generally a holiday enjoyed by many Americans, regardless of whether or not their great-great Grandmother emigrated from Cork. Maybe it’s because the Irish are often just thought to be such friendly folks, or maybe it’s because we just really enjoy dumping food coloring in our beer. Whatever the reason, it’s a fun day to pull on your favorite leprechaun hat and consume as many green treats as possible. To help get everyone in the mood for St. Paddy’s revelry, here’s a list of super silly Irish-themed St. Patrick’s Day puns that will turn any frown upside down.
St. Patrick’s Day puns
- I fear we’ve made a jig mistake.
- Irish you luck!
- Shamrock and roll!
- Keep calm and leprechaun.
- It ain't over till it's clover.
- If it ain't brogue, don't fix it.
- Irish I may, Irish I might.
- Zero lucks given on St. Patrick’s Day.
- A jealous shamrock is always green with envy.
- What do you call an Irish spider? Paddy Long Legs.
- You’ll be Dublin your fortune soon!
- We saw a large gathering of leprechauns on St. Patrick's day. I heard they were having a wee-union.
- You’ve got me Dublin over in laughter!
- You are spud-tacular.
- You’ve got me greening from ear to ear.
- Remember, puns on St. Patrick’s Day don’t just shame you... they Seamus all.
- What kind of bow can’t be tied? A rainbow.
- What’s the best month for a parade? March
- I’m Dublin down.
- I’m going green.
- Be there in a pinch.
St. Patrick’s Day puns for adults
- We’ve reached the pint of no return.
- Jameson on St. Patrick’s Day? It’s worth a shot.
- St. Paddy’s Day is always brew-tiful!
- Don’t worry, beer happy.
- Irish I had another Guinness!
- Now now, don’t give in to beer pressure.
- St. Patrick’s is all about the pursuit of hoppiness!
- This pub is giving me deja brew.
- What do ghosts drink on St. Patrick’s Day? Boos
- You’re calling the shots.
- The pint’s the limit.
- You raise the bar.
One thing’s for sure, whether you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with just your family and close friends at home or party from sun up to sun down, you’re sure to find plenty of opportunities to use these silly and cheesy St. Patrick’s Day puns all day long.
This article was originally published on