76 Valentine's Day Instagram Captions For Every Love Post
Whether you're single or taken, parenting plants or a real baby together, there's a caption in this list for you.
Valentine's Day is coming (in case you didn’t know, it falls on Tuesday, February 14 this year), and whether you're a major heart-day hater or you love to celebrate love, you already know your social media feeds will be flooded with holiday posts. So, if you want to join in the fun and celebrate, here are some flirty, sweet, and family-friendly Valentine’s Day Instagram captions. Whether you’re posting about your new lover, cuddly pet, plant baby, actual human baby, or the fact that you're single and rocking it, you'll need a solid caption to send the message.
Don't you worry, there are a million and one perfect quote options to choose from depending on your interests as a couple or what big life changes have come your way since last February 14. If you need a little bit of inspiration, check out these Instagram caption ideas and see if they fit the bill.
Romantic Valentine's Day Instagram captions
Want to show your sweetheart some extra love on social media? Any of these Valentine’s Day quotes or sayings will make them swoon when they see your post.
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire.” – Ann Landers
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Wuthering Heights
- Something tells me I'm going to love you forever.
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
- Love sure looks good on us.
- You make the best days even better.
- Love is just another word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
- Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
- “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.” – Torquato Tasso
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
Funny Valentine's Day Instagram captions
If you’re the type to text your lover a corny knock knock joke, why stop there? Share some favorite funny photos from your relationship with a caption as cheeky, sarcastic, or silly as you are.
- If we made it through a global pandemic, baby, we can make it through anything.
- I'd step on a LEGO for you.
- Thanks for being my emergency contact.
- There's no one else I'd rather lie in bed and look at my phone next to.
- Couples that laugh together, last together.
- You must be glue, because I am sticking with you.
- I just f*cking love you, OK?
- “Love is being stupid together.” – Paul Valery
- “All you need is love ... But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
- Good thing we both swiped right.
- If we were on a sinking ship, I’d share my door with you.
Valentine's Day Instagram captions if you're single
If you’re single and loving it, don’t let a date on the calendar make you doubt your decisions. Post a little selfie or a snapshot of how you’re spending the day, with a caption that shows you’re putting yourself first right now.
- I can't go on a date right now, I'm doing hot girl sh*t.
- “I don't want to be alone. I want to be left alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
- Happy Valentine’s Day to all the couples who let me third wheel the rest of the year.
- Love the wine you're with.
- I heard love was in the air, so I’m staying home and holding my breath.
- Why fall in love when you can fall asleep?
- I followed my heart and it led me to the fridge.
- I’m happy for all my friends in love, but I’ll be even happier for me when candy goes on sale tomorrow.
- “I do my hair toss, check my nails. Baby, how you feelin'? Feelin' good as hell.” – Lizzo, “Good as Hell”
- “Valentine's Day is a sham created by card companies to reinforce and exploit gender stereotypes.” – Liz Lemon, 30 Rock
Pop culture Valentine's Day Instagram captions
Don’t be afraid to steal a few lines from a professional songwriter and use a Taylor Swift Valentine’s caption, or pull inspiration from you and your partner’s favorite feel-good show. Highlighting the things that are special to you will make your post feel personal.
- “They said the end is coming. Everyone's up to something. I find myself running home to your sweet nothings.” – “Sweet Nothings”
- “Just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll ever do.” – Harry Styles, “Adore You”
- “I love you and I like you.” – Parks and Recreation
- “Some people are worth melting for.” – Frozen
- "You’re my lobster." – Friends
- Will you accept this rose?
- You pass the vibe check, Valentine.
- “As you wish.” – The Princess Bride
- “If you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Sex and the City
Valentine's Day Instagram captions for kids
If you and your partner have kids, Valentine’s Day becomes about celebrating the whole family. When you’re ready to share a picture of your littlest loves, here are some cute captions to post with it.
- You are our greatest adventure.
- You are my sunshine.
- No work is more important than my love for you.
- The littlest Valentines take up the biggest space in your heart.
- Home is wherever I’m with you.
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
- Just when you think you know what love is, a new little someone comes along to remind you how big love really is.
- This Valentine's Day, we're focusing on the little things.
- “Having kids feels like that first seventh-grade crush that overwhelms every molecule in your body, but it’s permanent.” – Kristen Bell
Valentine’s Day captions for babies
Even if you’re too tired to get off the couch, you can still celebrate baby’s first Valentine’s Day at home, and share some adorable photos to help you remember this time later. Never fear: here are some of the cutest Valentine’s Day captions for babies, so you don’t have to think about anything other than snuggling your little one.
- My Valentine today, tomorrow, and every day for the rest of my life.
- Twinkle twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are?
- We made a wish and you came true.
- Way cuter than Cupid.
- “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” – Andrew McMahon, “Cecilia and the Satellite”
- “Every high and every low led to this. I'm just so glad you exist.” – Dan + Shay, “Glad You Exist”
- "Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart." – Winnie the Pooh
- “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” – Taylor Swift, “Mine”
- “Maybe I'm not supposed to understand if it's just dumb luck or somewhere in God's plan. But whatever got you here to hold my hand is some kind of magic.” – Kelsea Ballerini, “UNIVERSE”
- “How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you, and longer if I can.” – Ellie Goulding, “How Long Will I Love You”
Food-themed Valentine's Day Instagram captions
If your relationship involves a shared love of food, why not make a fun food pun for your Valentine’s Day Instagram caption? Your foodie jokes are sure to be the toast of the town (or at least your friends’ social media feeds).
- Just like hot sauce, everything is better with you.
- You’re still a snack.
- You have a pizza my heart.
- Every pizza me loves every pizza you.
- Will you brie mine?
- You have so mushroom in my heart.
- I chews you, Valentine.
- Cheers to another hoppy Valentine's Day.
- I’ll never dessert you.
Valentine's Day Instagram captions for pets & plants
Human children are wonderful, but for some, pets and plants are the way to go. And honestly, no one has ever been upset about a puppy pic on their feed. Go ahead and share the things you love today, no matter their species, with these adorable caption ideas.
- Aloe you vera much.
- I have felines for you.
- You've really grown on me.
- You're a doggone cute Valentine.
- My life would succ(ulent) without you.
- You're pawsitively purrfect.
- Ah, puppy love.
No matter what your Valentine's Day vibe is this year — single, taken, married, new parents, or anything in between — don't be afraid to shout your love from the social media rooftops. Your friends and family want to see you in love with your partner, your plants, and especially yourself.
This article was originally published on