This Father's Day, you're likely thinking about how to make the dad in your life feel appreciated. Whether scrawled by hand in a card or splashed across social media, a Father's Day quote from a wife to her husband can tug on his heartstrings in a way not much else can, aside from the sentimental mush he can become around his children.
In many homes, Dads is the hero. They come running when they hear a scream, raise the children up high so they think they can fly, take care of the heavy lifting, and are the metaphorical rock that the family can depend on. Hearing how much he is appreciated, and that the family is grateful to be able to depend on him, will recharge his battery. And we could all use a little love and renewal every now and then.
Having the right verbiage, or that gut piercing quote that fits perfectly in that space in his heart carved out for his family is an irreplaceable moment you don’t want to pass up. Pair those meaningful words with breakfast in bed or a day spent doing something he loves, and you have a gift perfectly crafted for him this Father’s Day.
This compilation of Father's Day quotes from wives has a little something for everyone, so you’ll definitely find the perfect way to tell him how much he means to your family.
Funny Father’s Day quotes
- “Remember: What dad really wants is a nap. Really.” — Dave Berry
- "Sometimes I am amazed that my wife and I created two human beings from scratch, yet struggle to assemble the most basic of IKEA cabinets." — John Kinnear
- “Dad, you’re one in a million. Which are roughly the odds of everybody being ready and in the car when you want to leave.” — Unknown
- "There should be a children's song, ‘If you're happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your Dad sleep.’” — Jim Gaffigan
- “‘Have fun’ is my message. Be silly. You’re allowed to be silly. There’s nothing wrong with it.” — Jimmy Fallon
- “Dad, you’ve always been the coolest — like all those times you said ‘yes’ when mom said ‘no.’” — Sharon Cromwell
Quotes that say “thank you”
- “You are my best friend, the father of our children, and you are my hidden strength. Thank you for making life so beautiful.” — Unknown
- “My husband is the most brilliant father on the planet.” — Angie Harmon
- “I’m the luckiest wife to have you as my life partner. Thank you for being so kind and loving.” — Unknown
- “I have the best husband in the world. He’s very involved.” — Heidi Klum
- “The only thing better than having you as my husband is our children having you as their dad.” — Unknown
- “I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love and parenthood with a wonderful man like you. Happy Father’s Day.” — Unknown
- “I wake up each morning with a handsome man next to me, the one I cherish. I also admire you for being a terrific father.” — Unknown
- “Life smiles at me every day with you by my side. I’m blessed to call you my husband and the father of my children.” — Unknown
- “I have the best husband a wife could have. He’s the best father children could have.” — Vera Farmiga
Words have so much weight and these aren’t just quotes. They are meaningful sayings that your husband needs to hear. You can level up by not just using a quote in a card, but writing down a few that he can find in random places throughout the day! Knowing he’s seen and appreciated will fill his heart this Father’s Day.
This article was originally published on