16 Father's Day Quotes From A Wife, Because Your Guy Deserves To Be Celebrated
Modern dads are more involved in their kids' lives than ever before, and that's definitely something to celebrate. This Father's Day, you're likely thinking about how to make your husband feel appreciated. Whether scrawled by hand in a card or splashed across social media, a Father's Day quote from a wife to her husband can tug on his heartstrings in a way not much else can.
Though it is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words, sometimes there's just no replacing the right verbiage. A few warm words from his wife are sure to express how deeply a man is loved in his home. Pair meaningful words with breakfast in bed or a day spent doing something he loves and you have a gift perfectly crafted for your husband this Father’s Day.
Every family is different, of course: Some express themselves best through humor, others through poetry, while still others prefer to use the words of notable historic or celebrity figures. There is no single right way to honor the gift a spouse and parent brings to a family. This compilation of Father's Day quotes has a little something for everyone, so no matter your family's style, you'll find the perfect way to tell your husband and father of your children how much he means to you.
1. "The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family." — Reed Markham
To encourage a man who keeps the family vision on track, these words from author Reed Markham offer a bouquet of reassurance for your husband on Father’s Day.
2. “Being a dad isn’t just about eating a huge bag of gummy worms as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word ‘hero.’” — Ryan Reynolds
If your husband is at all into humor, he understands the sense of hilarity that Ryan Reynolds brings to the table with this honest and endearing look at the earliest days of fatherhood. This is an ideal sentiment to use when showering new dads or dads-to-be with love on Father’s Day.
3. "The only thing better than having you for a husband is our children having you for a dad." — Unknown
This quote offers such a timeless, classic idea for Father’s Day with the perfect wording to back it up. This double compliment of addressing both marriage and family is sure to get him right in the feels.
4. "Sometimes I am amazed that my wife and I created two human beings from scratch yet struggle to assemble the most basic of IKEA cabinets." — John Kinnear
If you have ever attempted to assemble a cabinet from IKEA together, your husband is sure to appreciate the humor behind this John Kinnear quote this Father’s Day. And honestly, it's just downright truthful. It reminds him that the two of you are in this together, always.
5. "It's the courage to raise a child that makes you a father." — Barack Obama
Is there any idea Barack Obama can’t nail in a few words? If there is, this quote isn’t one of them. This simple sentence is perfect for the dads who have had a hard year (basically, all of them) and can also be a fit to give to your husband if he is a stepfather.
6. "There should be a children's song ‘If you're happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your Dad sleep.’” — Jim Gaffigan
No matter what stage of parenting you and your husband are in, you understand that sleep is a valuable currency used to keep everyone in your household from getting too cranky. Jim Gaffigan’s quote on letting dad sleep is perfect for jokester dads who love to nap.
7. "No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child." — Abraham Lincoln
You can rarely go wrong with Honest Abe. This quote beautifully captures the generous spirit many fathers embody, which makes it the perfect sentiment to write down for your husband this Father’s Day.
8. "The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking." — Dan Pearce
You see him when no one else does, and you know he has a heart of gold. (His kids see it tenfold.) Show your husband how much you appreciate his unconditional love and what it does for your children with this quote on Father’s Day.
9. "I feel that the greatest gift that I can give my children is the freedom to be who they are." — Will Smith
If your husband is one who allows your kids to be themselves no matter what, this quote from actor Will Smith is one you can use to sum up exactly how you see him day-to-day with your children and acknowledge his stellar parenting skills.
10. "Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father." — Lydia M. Child
When parenting gets hard, sometimes you need a gentle reminder that you’re doing the most important work of all raising kids. This quote can help remind your husband on Father’s Day that his work as a dad does not go unnoticed.
11. "I have the best husband a wife could possibly have. He's the best father my children could have." — Vera Farmiga
I mean, this quote is short and straight to the point, but your husband will love hearing it on his special day. It says everything you ever need to tell him to make him feel loved and appreciated.
12. "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." — Billy Graham
It's true. We seem to shout from the rooftops when a dad isn't so great, but what about the ones who are really doing some good in the world by raising amazing kids? They deserve all the love — especially on Father’s Day.
13. "Fatherhood will put a man through a lot, but it's a tremendous job, the best in the world — even better than playing basketball." — Derek Fisher
If your husband is a sports fan, this quote from Derek Fisher is one that he might relate to more than others that share a similar sentiment that fatherhood is an incredible undertaking, but truly worth it. This quote is sure to show your appreciation for the work he does this Father’s Day.
14. "A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men." — Gregory E. Lang
Can I get an amen for this Father’s Day quote? You can show your husband how much you truly value the relationship he has with your daughter as he helps her grow into a confident, strong woman.
15. "There is a mirror that is held up to me now. You have someone watching you. You have to lead by example." — John Krasinski
This quote can be used on Father’s Day as a sweet reminder to your husband that he's being watched by his little ones and that he has so much to teach them. He’s likely already doing a great job, but the extra confidence boost of knowing you have his back can have a wonderful impact.
16. "Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every single day." — Mike Myers
I just want to let out a big “aww” every time I see this quote on fatherhood from Mike Myers. Your husband likely shares the same thoughts about being a dad and would surely love to be reminded of just how much his role warms not only his heart, but yours as well.
This article was originally published on